DR. ASHISH KUMAR
MS, MCh Neurosurgery (Bombay Hospital)
Fellow (FHU, Nagoya Japan)
Fellow Neurosurgery (Sunnybrook Hospital, University of Toronto)
FINR (St.Michaels’s Hospital, University of Toronto)
Consultant Cerebrovascular/Endovascular Neurosurgeon & Neuro-interventionist
NAME: DR. ASHISH KUMAR
- MS, MCh Neurosurgery (Bombay Hospital)
- Fellow (FHU, Nagoya Japan)
- Fellow Neurosurgery (Sunnybrook Hospital, University of Toronto)
- FINR (St.Michaels’s Hospital, University of Toronto)
- Consultant Cerebrovascular/Endovascular Neurosurgeon & Neuro-Interventionist
Dr. Ashish Kumar is an accomplished neurosurgeon at MaxCure Hospitals, Hyderabad. He was a University topper in his MS (General Surgery). He was awarded the B Braun scholarship in the field of Neurosurgery during his residency from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai which is a premier institute of the country. He was also awarded the CERTIFICATE OF MERIT by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik for achieving 1st rank in Neurosurgery University exams all over Maharashtra state.
Dr. Ashish Kumar had successfully completed the fellowship at Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan where he developed a keen interest in cerebrovascular surgery especially operating upon aneurysms and AVMs. He subsequently joined Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad and served the Institute for a period of 5 years where he operated upon numbers of complex cranial and spinal cases including brain tumors, aneurysms, and spinal pathologies.
He subsequently successfully completed one year of Neurosurgery fellowship from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre at the prestigious University of Toronto. During his stay there, he developed a keen interest in Interventional Neuro-radiology in treating complex cerebrovascular cases. He subsequently completed his fellowship (FINR) in INTERVENTIONAL NEURO-RADIOLOGY from St Michaels Hospital at the University of Toronto, Canada.
He successfully performed more than 300 diagnostic and therapeutic interventions including mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke, coiling of aneurysms and embolization of arterio-vascular malformations (AVMs). He has over 80 publications in peer-reviewed neurosurgery journals both nationally as well as internationally. He is a reviewer for many esteemed neurosurgical journals including Asian Journal of Neurosurgery, Neurosciences Journal and Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences which is the official journal of Italian Neurosurgery Society.
He has numerous podium and platform presentations to his credit in various national and international conferences and is an active member of numerous international societies of neurosurgery including CNS (Congress of Neurological Surgeons) and EANS (European Association of Neurosurgical Societies). He aims for developing interventional neuroradiology (INR) as an integral part of neurosurgical training and strives for achieving higher goals in the same.
- Fellowship in Interventional Neuro-radiology (FINR) at St. Michaels Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship at Fujita Health University Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
- Young Neurosurgeons Scholarship at the 9th ACNS, Turkey
- Turkish Neurosurgery Society (TNS) Scholarship for International Basic Neurosurgery Course, Antalya, Turkey
- Membership in Neurological Society of India
- Membership in Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Membership in European Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Membership in Neurological Surgeons Society of India
- Membership in Neurotrauma Society of India
- Membership in Association of Neuroscientists of Eastern India