- The brain of a 2-year old consumes twice as much energy as an adult brain
- By the age of 7, our brains are 95 percent of their adult size
- Think you’re in control of your life? Think again. 95% of your decisions take place in your subconscious mind.
- Multitasking makes you less productive. When you multitask, your brain simply rapidly toggles back and forth between tasks. This results in decreases in attention span, learning, performance, and short-term memory.
- The adult human brain weighs approximately 3 pounds.
- Men average 2.9 pounds (1,336 grams) and women average 2.6 pounds (1,198 grams).
- Your brain generates enough electricity to power a 25-watt light bulb.
- Human brain development does not finish until around age 25
- Your brain will get you stuck in an endless loop if you don’t deal with unfinished thoughts
- Your brain is 73% water.
- Ninety minutes of sweating can temporarily shrink the brain as much as one year of aging.
- No one knows for sure, but the latest estimate is that our brains contain roughly 86 billion brain cells.
- Only 5 minutes without oxygen can cause brain damage.
- Brain information moves anywhere between 1 mph and an impressive 268 miles per hour. This is faster than Formula 1 race cars which top out at 240 mph
- The human brain is not solid. It’s soft and squishy similar to the consistency of soft tofu or soft gelatin. And it’s very fragile.