- The brain of a 2-year old consumes twice as much energy as an adult brain
- By the age of 7, our brains are 95 percent of their adult size
- Think you’re in control of your life? Think again. 95% of your decisions take place in your subconscious mind.
- Multitasking makes you less productive. When you multitask, your brain simply rapidly toggles back and forth between tasks. This results in decreases in attention span, learning, performance, and short-term memory.
- The adult human brain weighs approximately 3 pounds.
- Men average 2.9 pounds (1,336 grams) and women average 2.6 pounds (1,198 grams).
- Your brain generates enough electricity to power a 25-watt light bulb.
- Human brain development does not finish until around age 25
- Your brain will get you stuck in an endless loop if you don’t deal with unfinished thoughts
- Your brain is 73% water.
- Ninety minutes of sweating can temporarily shrink the brain as much as one year of aging.
- No one knows for sure, but the latest estimate is that our brains contain roughly 86 billion brain cells.
- Only 5 minutes without oxygen can cause brain damage.
- Brain information moves anywhere between 1 mph and an impressive 268 miles per hour. This is faster than Formula 1 race cars which top out at 240 mph
- The human brain is not solid. It’s soft and squishy similar to the consistency of soft tofu or soft gelatin. And it’s very fragile.
The author MaxCure Hospitals
MaxCure Group of Hospitals is the fastest growing multi-speciality chain in India. Established in the year 2011, MaxCure Group of Hospitals has the vision to offer clinical excellence through experienced doctors, high-end infrastructure and transparent patient care which is on par with the best in the world.