Many students aspire to be doctors as they conjure up images of doctors in proverbial white coats with stethoscopes on TV or dream of it as a prestigious profession with high respect and monetary benefits along with a genuine feeling to help others. But are they right for the profession? Is this what they want to do in life? Will they be able to cope up with the challenges and demands of a hospital environment?
Here is their chance to find all their answers. Because in many cases, the most access they would have had to a medical environment is time spent with their own physicians.
MaxCure Hospitals’ Future Docs Programme is a dream platform to kick-start a child’s journey towards becoming a doctor. An exciting opportunity for young students, who are nursing a dream of becoming a doctor, to gain deeper understanding of the profession and take informed decisions.
- To provide a platform for aspiring doctors to be quality doctors for the future
- To help students make a right career choice
- To inspire and motivate students to take up the healthcare profession as India needs more doctors to service the existing population
- To instill a sense of society and service, and make them realize the joy of making a difference to peoples’ lives
FDP is an exclusive 4-day programme strategically designed to provide actual exposure to the healthcare profession. It is for students who’ve passed their XI standard and are heading to their XII standard. This is the time when they are under heavy influence of their family or peers to make a decision regarding their career. They are confused, and often curtail their aspirations due to pressure, and ultimately end up in a profession that is not their first choice.
FDP helps students take the key decision of becoming a medical professional. They not only get to tag along reputed doctors as they go around their treatment process, performing surgeries and handling complex medical equipment, but also interact with patients and staff to gain key insights. In short, live a doctor’s life during the duration of the programme!
Future Docs Programme is conducted for 4 days in the month of June every year. Students are split into smaller teams for maximum attention and gain thorough understanding of all the departments, procedures and functioning of MaxCure Hospitals’ flagship facility at Madhapur. All the participants will be awarded with a Certification of Participation.
- Comprehensive tour of the hospital
- Visit to OPD, In-patient Wards, Diagnostic Centre, Emergency, Operation Theatre, Cath Lab, Blood Bank, Nursing stations etc.
- Accompanying key doctors to carious procedure rooms
- Observing the functioning of advanced medical equipment
- Learning basics: CPR techniques, BP check etc.
- Lectures and sessions