Gastric bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery). Gastric bypass is one of the three most common types of weight loss surgery (bariatric Surgery).
Gastric bypass works by making your stomach smaller and bypassing part of your intestines, after the surgery, your stomach will be smaller. You will feel full with less food. It can help you lose weight if you’re very overweight (morbidly obese).
Gastric bypass surgery by laparoscopic method. In this surgery, a tiny camera is placed in your belly and it allows the bariatric surgeon to see inside your belly.
- The surgeon makes 4 to 6 small cuts in your belly
- The Scope and instruments needed to perform the surgery are inserted through these cuts.
- Shorter hospital stay and quick recovery
- Less Pain
- Smaller scars and a lower risk of getting a hernia or infection.
- Approximate duration of surgery will be around 2 to 4 hours.
- Heart burn or stomach ulcers, gastritis
- Poor nutrition
- Scarring inside your belly that could lead to a blockage in your bowel in the future
- Vomiting from eating more than your stomach pouch can hold
Have a look on other surgery options
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band
- Duodenal Switch