Gas pain is one of the most common gastric troubles which cause a lot of discomfort in many people. Gas pains usually occur when gas is formed in the intestine and get trapped instead of releasing by the body during the digestion process.
Gas pain has a particular set of symptoms. When people are aware of these symptoms, it is easy to find a remedy to treat their discomfort. The most common symptoms of gas pains are abdominal pain and chest pain. Though chest pain can be a symptom of other serious causes, it even pointed to gas pain.
What causes gas pains?
Gas pains can be treated properly when the exact cause is known. Knowing the causes of gas pain not only cures it but also minimizes the risk of developing it. Some of the most common causes of gas pain include:
- Foods that contain high amounts of fiber such as fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, and peas can cause gas and results in gas pain.
- When people eat too fast or drink through the straw, they might swallow air which gets trapped in the lower digestive tract. This trapped air in the intestine can cause gas pain.
- People with food intolerances can often suffer from gas pains. For example, in people who are lactose intolerance, their body might not be ready to separate the sugar from the consumed dairy products, this can produce gas. In a similar way, other intolerances can bring about overabundance gas and cause gas pains.
- Drinking a lot of carbonated beverages can result in gas pain.
How can gas pains be treated?
People who often suffer from gas pains can get relief by following some simple natural remedies. Here are some most common and efficient ways to treat gas pains quickly.
- Ginger: Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the best natural remedy to get relief from the uncomfortable gas pains. Chew some ginger or drink ginger tea to get rid of gas pains.
- Lemon Juice: Citric acid in lemon can break down the gas-causing foods in the intestine. Therefore, it can relieve from gas pains.
- Papaya: Papaya is one of the natural foods that aid digestion and prevents the formation of gas in the stomach, thus reduces the risk of gas pain.
- Hot water: The easiest way to get rid of annoying gas pains is to sip hot water slowly. This is an effective way which helps to get relief from gas pains quickly.
- Yogurt: The pro-biotic elements in yogurt help to treat gas pains. People who are lactose intolerance should try some other natural remedies instead of having yogurt.
How to Avoid Gas Pain?
Along with the remedies, it is better to make some changes in the lifestyle which can avoid the formation of the gas. Here are some tips to follow in order to prevent gas pains:
- Eat slowly and chew carefully to prevent air from getting into the stomach.
- Exercise daily or walk for at least an hour every day which helps the functioning of the digestive system.
- Avoid drinking carbonated beverages such as sodas.
- Avoid the foods that increase the risk of gas formation in the intestine.
- Stress can affect the functioning of the digestive system and leads to digestive problems. So it is always advisable to practice stress managing techniques.
Foods that cause gas
- Foods which contain complex sugars such as Cabbage, Beans, Broccoli can cause gas pain.
- Foods which contain fructose such as Onion, Candy bars, Yogurt, Bread, etc. will cause gas pain, should be avoided for a better health
- Excess consumption of soft drinks and fruit juices
- Consuming the food which contains high wheat such as Potatoes, Pasta, Corn, etc.
- Consumption of Alcohol, better to reduce it.
- Dairy products such as Milk, Curd can also cause gas pain and most of the doctors suggest coconut, almonds instead of dairy products.