What if you or your child does fall ill? Here’s what you need to do:
Infections during monsoon usually starts with tonsillitis, cold and cough and gradually spreads to the rest of the body. Symptoms of viral fever are body and muscle pain, headache, joint pain, redness of eyes, skin rash and nasal congestion. Some people also experience nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
The treatment of viral fever is entirely symptomatic and it usually lasts for four or five days.
Home remedies for viral fever:
- Adequate hydration by drinking lot of liquids.
- Antipyretics and analgesics for fever and body pain.
- Steam inhalation for nasal congestion and sinus pain.
- Salt water gargle for sore throat.
- Avoid self-medication with antibiotics.
Though it is highly contagious, the chances of it turning life-threatening are quite rare. If symptoms are severe or long lasting, visit your doctor to rule out any bacterial infection. Flu vaccines can often prove useful and one needs to take a booster every year.
Click here to get a health checkup to stay healthy.
If you are unfeeling well for more than 2 or 3 days, Click here to get an expert opinion with doctor.