Do recurring digestive issues bother you a lot?
Then you might suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Many people are affected by IBS and most of them are women. It is a long-lasting digestive disorder that changes how the people lead Their life. People with IBS may miss work often and they may even feel less able to take part in the daily and social activities.
Many people get affected by multiple chronic diseases with few simple causes. Certainly, these are the primary reason for one’s illness:
allergens, microorganisms or irregularity of the bugs in your gut, poisons, horrible eating routine, and stress. These can trigger manifestations and make a huge number of infections.
IBS is common in many and 1 in 5 people gets affected in any case depending on lifestyle changes and stress level. This needs to be managed for a long term.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
- Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- How do you recognize the IBS severity?
- How Can “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” Be Diagnosed?
- Irritable bowel syndrome treatment
- Can irritable bowel syndrome be cured?
- What causes irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Set of gastrointestinal disorders can lead to IBS. Leaky gut This is a condition of the digestive system where stomach control nerves get damaged or become too sensitive or too active and causes irritation in the stomach and intestine.
When proteins from food leak into your bloodstream or nerves causing inflammation bacteria ticks off the immune system.A leaky gut does not just peeve one’s well being from irritable bowel yet this promotes joint pains, laziness, Depression, and skin inflammation rashes in the distant future.
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
IBS is not an inherited, harmful or cancerous disease. The causes may be evident but are not certain.IBS arises when the sensory system signals conduct changes and influences the digestive system. This pressures the bowel to remove waste too fast/ too slow.
Though there are no exact causes, some of the health problems that are known to cause or worsen IBS include:
- When you are too much stressed out.
- Trouble in processing the food through the digestive tract.
- An infection in the digestive system.
- Changes in the bacteria present in the small intestine.
- Reactions to foods or drinks those are hard to digest such as things high in acid, sugar, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Taking too much-caffeinated Drinks.
- Having foods with high emulsifiers.
- In women, female hormone estrogens may lead to
- Lake of fiber
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Iron Deficiency
Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
People with irritable bowel syndrome may experience different symptoms unlike the same as others affected by it. The symptoms may vary from person to person and more severely than others.Typically, Irritable bowel syndrome affects due to high/Sudden changes in lifestyle like improper sleep, processed food intake,skipping meals etc.
Some of the common symptoms seen in people affected by IBS include:
- Abdominal pain- Digestive Nerves push wastage out becomes sensitive and leads to severe abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea- frequent and loose stool and feeling incomplete bowel movement.
- Constipation,that may further trick to weight-loss.
- Increased Gas.
- Food Intolerance.
How do you recognize the IBS severity?
Generally, these criticalities can be recognized in people aged 50 Years or
above. But this can be found in people who have severe IBS unmatched to age.
- Cramping pains triggering often.
- Feeling sensitive to free the bowel.
- relentlessly after having food.
- Weight loss happened unintentionally.
- Burning sensation after having a certain food.
- Lactose intolerant – Casein protein in dairy also makes gut irritation and inflammation.
How Can “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” Be Diagnosed?
Usually, IBS is diagnosed by examining the symptoms experienced by the individuals that match the definition of it. The symptoms that may rule out the condition are:
- Food allergies.
- Enzyme deficiencies that lead to improper digestion of food.
- Bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
The patient may also be asked to undergo following tests to decide if he/she has IBS:
- X- rays
- Colonoscopy to look the blockages in intestines if any
- Upper endoscopy if the patient experience heartburn or indigestion
- Blood tests to look for anemia, thyroid problems, and infection
- Test for lactose and gluten intolerances.
Irritable bowel syndrome treatment
Unfortunately, there is no cure for IBS. But it can be treated and managed well if lifestyle changes are adopted such as,
Following a good and healthy IBS diet can help control the disease.
Some foods irritate your bowel and digestion making a burning sensation in the stomach.
- Having smaller meals for better digestion.
- Enough fiber intake to relieve from constipation and have easier bowel movements.
- Avoiding caffeine
- Observing the foods which trigger IBS and avoiding them
- Practicing stress relieving techniques to cope with stress
- Taking probiotic supplements that soothe the digestive tract.
- The Way of life changes, for example, changing to a low-FODMAPs count calories, keeping active, can extraordinarily help enhance indications and lessen the requirement for drug.
1. Can irritable bowel syndrome be cured?
Fortunately!! IBS disease is not considered as life- threatening. Although this cant be cured totally .Following a healthy and active lifestyle with a proper medication suggested by doctor keeps the disease at bay.
2. Is irritable bowel syndrome dangerous?
IBS is not considered dangerous until it Worsen the gut sensitivity.If people find blood in urine or in stool, suffering from extreme abdominal pain or facing an uncertain weight loss had to call for a doctor emergency consultation. Strict Lifestyle management for IBS and taking a course of
drugs or tablets under doctors surveillance can suppress the severity.
3. What causes irritable bowel syndrome?
Irregular food timings, skipping meals which leads to gastroparesis and may further extend to IBS. Having processed food and many more Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
People generally fix them by treating system, not the symptoms. Medication helps to fix the Causes temporarily but treating them to the root cause by shifting to a healthy living regimen keeps the bowel calm like listening to music, meditating, any creative work. Many have discovered comfort by leaving the oft-beaten way and finding their own ways to deal with the condition.