Stomach pain is the most common health ailment everyone will suffer with. We usually ignore the stomach pain and will start taking home remedies and over the counter medicines. It is always advisable to consult a doctor and discuss the problem so as to avoid worsening the situation.
Stomach Pain Causes in Children:
Children frequently suffer with stomach pains. A child is most likely to have stomach pain which may not be life threatening. For example, here are the common symptoms to detect is a child is suffering with stomach pain:
- Food allergy or intolerance
- Air swallowing
- Stomach flu or food poisoning
- Abdominal migraine
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Pain caused by anxiety or depression
- Strep throat or mononucleosis (“mono”)
Child may have some serious issue if the pain does not get better in 24 hours, gets worse or frequently suffers with stomach pain. Stomach pain can also be a sign of:
- Stomach ulcer
- Hernia or other bowel twisting, blockage or obstruction
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Intussusceptions, caused by part of the intestine being pulled inward into itself
- Sickle cell disease crisis
- Torsion (twisting) of the testicle
- Torsion (twisting) of the ovary
- Tumor or cancer
- Urinary tract infection
Stomach Pain Causes in Men or Women:
Generally people suffer with a mild stomach ache, sharp pain, or cramps.
Stomach pain may have many causes. The major causes can be indigestion, constipation, a stomach virus, or, if you’re a woman, menstrual cramps.
Other possible causes include:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
Chances of getting an abdominal pain are high if you are lactose intolerant or have ulcers or pelvic inflammatory disease. Some other causes include:
When To Contact The Doctor?
If your stomach pain is severe and doesn’t go away, or keeps coming back very frequently consult our doctor. You can call on our Toll Free Number 18001080123.